Important NewsSecurity & Incidents

Afghan Freedom Front Says Taliban Forces Withdrew After Fierce Fighting in Zebak

The Afghanistan Freedom Front said intense clashes between its fighters and forces of the Taliban administration in the mountains of Zebak district in Badakhshan province ended after several hours with the withdrawal of Taliban forces.

The front reported on Thursday, Aug. 29, that the fighting began around 4:00 p.m. local time and continued until nearly 7:30 p.m. According to the Freedom Front, the battle took place between its special forces and Taliban administration forces.

The Freedom Front also claimed that Taliban administration forces had launched the attack in an attempt to seize its positions, but were ultimately forced to retreat. The front said six members of Taliban administration forces were killed and 10 others wounded in the clash.

For the first time, the Freedom Front also released a video of its positions in Zebak. In the video, members of the group can be seen using light and heavy weapons during the fighting.

According to the Freedom Front, it took control of parts of the mountainous areas of Zebak about a month ago, and since then front-line clashes with Taliban administration forces have continued in the area. Zebak district is a mountainous area in Badakhshan province in northeastern Afghanistan.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button